MDR offers specialized conflict resolution, facilitation, and consulting services in relation to issues involving our indigenous communities.
Some examples of our work in indigenous matters include:
- Mediating mining exploration issues involving multiple first nations, the Ontario government, a mining company, and various other stakeholders
- Mediating a dispute involving a First Nation and the Canadian Border Services
- Mediating a dispute between internal indigenous political groups
- Training AFN and other First Nation groups in negotiation skills
- Training Inuit leaders in mediation skills
- Mediating historical abuse issues